While true in the Dortmund Sparkassen Chess Meeting the world's elite, place almost simultaneously in Berlin is also a grandmaster tournament. From the cast forth can not keep up with the tournament by far Dortmund, for it is very gratifying, which reproduces it by about nine years gutbesetztes round tournament in Berlin. Chess book publisher Arno Nickel was in May 2000 the last operator of a GM-tournament, the so-called "Price of the chess calendar". The winner was GM Suat Atalik.
Of the former players is only for GM Robert Rabiega planned participants of the field of BSV-President Dr. Matthias tingling organized tournament, which the 4. to 12. To be held in July at the Hotel Kronprinz, near the Kurfürstendamm.
Cribs, of the 2007 to 2009 one of the Vice President of the DSB, The idea had been to a GM-tournament longer. By winning the sponsor's investment bank in Berlin for the Berlin Chess Association, took the idea of realistic trains.
Photo: GM Andrei Maksimenko will be one of the twelve participants
Tingling planned in March for implementation in just two months, which he joined the board of the Berlin Chess Association with considerable skepticism. At the end of March, he announced Verbandstag the tournament then for July, but did not disclose information about the state of preparedness.
Virtually single-handedly took care of itself tingling in the coming weeks, matches, And referee rooms and made the call 14 Days before the start of the tournament in chess festival at the Jewish Museum in public. The following excerpts from this tender:
We expect the 4. – 12. July 2009 following participants:
- GM Wassili Jemelin (Russia), Link 2582
- GM Viktor Erdos (Hungary, SG Trier), Link 2581, IE 2543
- GM Robert Rabiega (SK King Tegel), Link 2554, IE 2496
- GM Andrej Maximenko (Ukraine, SC Kreuzberg), Link 2542, IE 2525
- IM Ilya Schneider (Sfr. Berlin), Link 2505, IE 2469
- THE star René (SK King Tegel), Link 2488, IE 2485
- IM Elisabeth Paehtz (SC Kreuzberg), Link 2459, IE 2442
- GM Raj Tischbierek (SC Kreuzberg), Link 2459, IE 2397
- IM Mikael Agopov (Finland, SG Heidelberg-Kirchheim), Link 2435, IE 2403
- IM Oliver Kurmann (Switzerland, SC HP Böblingen), Link 2424, IE 2393
- FM Attila Gajo Figure (SC Kreuzberg), Link 2417, IE 2403
- FM Jan Lundin (Sweden, Sfr. Berlin), Link 2337, IE 2343
Elo average 2482
GM-Norm: 7,5 Points
IM-Norm: 5,5 Points
Kronprinz Berlin, Kronprinzendamm 1, 10711 Berlin, Near the Kurfürstendamm, Hallensee near train station
Admission is free!
- Saturday, 04.07, 17:00 Clock: Opening, Draw and 1. Round
- Sunday, 05.07, 11:00 Clock: 2. Round
- Sunday, 05.07, 17:00 Clock: 3. Round
- Monday, 06.07, 17:00 Clock: 4. Round
- Tuesday, 07.07, 17:00 Clock: 5. Round
- Wednesday, 08.07, 11:00 Clock: 6. Round
- Wednesday, 08.07, 17:00 Clock: 7. Round
- Thursday, 09.07, 17:00 Clock: 8. Round
- Friday, 10.07, 14:00 Clock: 9. Round
- Friday, 10.07, 19:30 Clock: Program: Slow flash Chess960 (from 1.7.09 Part of the FIDE rules) at SC White Lady, Neighborhood House Lietzensee, Herbartstr. 25, 14057 Berlin. Open tournament for all, with the participation of 12 GM tournament participants.
- Saturday, 11.07, 14:00 Clock: 10. Round
- Sunday, 12.07, 14:00 Clock: 11. Round
- Sunday, 12.07, 19:30 Clock: Awards ceremony and banquet
The games will be live from the hotel u.a. GM Rainer Polzin and former Correspondence Chess Championship Dr. Fritz Baumbach commented and are broadcast live on the Internet. After completion of each section, viewers can witness the analyzes of the players. Each day a game is presented by participating players in the auditorium.
The game is played according to FIDE reflection 90 I. for 40 Trains and 30 I. for the rest of the game, more 30 Seconds per train. If a player only after the beginning of round, The process does not match the loss, but the elapsed time at his expense. Apply the milder rules Sofia, d.h. Draw-offers until after the time control in 40. Train allowed.
Prices: 2000, 1500, 1000, 750, 500, 300, 200, 100 and 50 EUR